Pool & Beach Safety
Who doesn’t love spending time at the pool? We hope you’ll have a great time while taking a dip. We also want to keep you safe. Please keep these tips in mind when at the pool area:
• Check the safety rules and the depth of the pools before using them for the first time.
• Opening times for the pool(s) are shown by the pool area.
• There is a lifeguard/pool attendant on duty every day from 09:00 – 19:00.
• The areas around the pools can be slippery.
• Use of sunbeds is free for Sunwing Family Resort guests.
• Reserving sun chairs with towels is not allowed.
We want you to have a great time and stay safe while you’re at the beach. Remember that the size and powers of the waves can vary throughout the day, so always check the warning flags on display before going in the water. Keep these tips in mind:
• Respect the warning flags – a Red Flag means it’s too dangerous to go in the water.
• Don't leave children unattended.
• An adult should go into the water first to test the type of seabed, depth of the water, etc before allowing children to go in.
• Make sure that any inflatable swimming aids are in good condition and work properly.
• Test snorkels and masks in shallow water to check that they work.
• Take particular care on beaches away from the major tourist areas, where assistance is limited in case of an emergency.
• Always check the seabed before diving in and watch out for strong currents.
• Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration.
• Top up your sun protection throughout the day. Salt water reduces the effect of sun block.
• Watch out for boats, windsurfers, water-skiers and others who may be near the shore.